What makes FTP Task ++ so special?
- Native to SSIS
- Secure FTP (SFTP) and FTP
- Delete from non-Windows FTP Servers (Unix)
- Wildcard support (*.pdf, log*.*, download??.txt etc..)
- Combine operations like (Download and delete remote files, overwrite destination) in 1 step instead of using multiple FTP tasks
- Support for SSIS Logging providers
- Reports FTP Progress
- Reports Sent Commands
- Auto Resume on Failure
- Graphical User Interface
- Did we mention it was completely free!
How to use
FTP Task++ is used in the control flow as any other stock control flow task.
Double click on the task to bring up its properties and customize its behavior.
To install the component, run the installer (MSI)
To add it to your toolbox in BIDS, right click on the toolbox and click on “Choose Items”
Fig 4: Visual Studio Toolbox, adding FTP Task++
From there, click on the “SSIS Control Flow Items” tab and select FTP Task++ from the list of components.